Friday, October 3, 2008

It's OCUG time again..

It is almost one year since I last wrote here. Let me hide behind the usual lame excuse - "I am very busy"!

A lot of things going on at work and hopefully those of you attending this year's OCUG will not have to wait too long to hear about some of them..

First, we are not Oracle LifeSciences Applications group anymore. Instead, we are a brand new, independent "business unit" within Oracle now. Our Business Unit is called "Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU)". Being a business unit, we hope to be a lot more agile and busienss (customer) focused than before. Within HSGBU, we now have two major lines of products, one for HealthCare Industry and another for Pharma/LifeSciences industry (former OPA/OLSA team).

I will be attending this year's OCUG. At OCUG, I am going to talk about RDC 4.5.3 architecture in one of the RDC focus group sessions. This year, few others from our group are going to present on RDC. I highly recommend my colleague Arnab Gupta's session on RDC 4.5.3 scalability in the Admin focus group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Srini,

I look forward to your presentation and to meeting you at OCUG.

I think there are several interesting presentations within the RDC Focus Group sessions that I am looking forward to. From an RDC Support point of view, I'm interested in the Site Support and Training, the Performance Evaluation and Venkat's Performance and Debugging presentations.

As this is my first year, I'm curious if you see a slant to the RDC presentations. It seems that most are focused on making RDC work for your users rather than how the application works. Thoughts?


Thanks,
Greg Vassar

srini said...

Hi Greg,

You surprised me! I thought no one will be checking this blog after such a long silence.

Glad to know you too are coming and meet you there.

I think your observation about presentations bias is correct.
Typically, in the past, most presentations are from either customers or partner companies and I observed them to be of 'sharing of their working experiences' in nature. This year, through our dev team presentations, we may be able to contribute to that theme and proactively pass-on the information that is useful to operate the product better.

Hopefully, you won't be disappointed completely as my talk is going to be mainly about how the product works.

Actually, I am glad to know before- hand that there is interest to learn about how the application works. Until now, I myself am wondering whether the attendees would really care to know how the application actually works. Glad to be wrong. The challenge however is going to be explaining the gory workings in 15 minutes!!

Thanks
srini